"AOC COTES DU RHONE RED - SPECIAL RESERVE"
Nature of the soils: Clayey, chalky and covered with rolled pebbles
Varieties: Grenache noir 50%, Syrah 30%, Carignan 20%.
Alcohol by vol: 13.5°
Annual volume: 30 000 bottles.
Ageing: 8 years in cellar
The grapes are carefully selected and harvested by hand. Total de-stemming followed by a traditional vinification. Vatting from 15 to 21 days in thermo-regulated tanks. The wine is aged in oak barrel during 4 months.
This wine has a lovely deep purple colour. On the nose, it reveals an intense bouquet of black and red fruits. On the palate, this full-bodied wine will please you with its rounded tannins and its fruity aromas. This wine is best served at 16-17°C and perfectly pairs with red meat, grilled or in sauce, and with cheese.
Review / ratings:
- Gold medal - Concours Général Agricole, Paris 2013
- Gold medal (81/100) - Guide Gilbert & Gaillard 2013
- Silver medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013
- Bronze medal - Concours International des Vins, Lyon 2013
- Commended medal - International Wine Challenge 2013
- Silver medal - Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2012
- Gold Medal - Concours Général Agricole, Paris 2012
- 1 star - Guide Hachette des Vins 2012
- Gold Medal - Concours Général Agricole, Paris 2011
- Gold Medal with congratulations from the Jury - Concours des Vins, Orange 2011
- Silver medal - Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2010
- 85/100 - Guide Gilbert & Gaillard 2010
- Gold medal - Concours Général Agricole, Paris 2009
- Silver medal - Foire aux vins, Uzès 2009
- 16/20 - "Le Point Spécial Vins" september 2009
- Gold medal with congratulations from the Jury - Concours des vins, Orange 2008